I have been madly perusing the web lately and found another blogger that had a challenge to re-use something (recycle) and turn it into a scrapbook creation, however, forgot to write down which blog site it was, so if you're out there and reading this please let me know so I can give you credit. :-) I had many ideas of things to recycle like: diaper box, cereal box, olive can, the list could go on...When I went to Starbucks and used my last few dollars on my gift card sparks went flying. I came up with the idea to make a gift card mini album. With Valentine's Day right around the corner my relationship become the subject and the rest is history! I hope some of you get inspired to make you're own and share with me your result.
Quick overview for Re-creation:
- Gather 8 gift cards (more or less if you wish)
- Cover the gift cards with sized pieces of cardstock or patterned paper, so that card is completely covered. (I wrapped them and then placed a cover over wrapped edges)
- Punch two holes in the top (can punch holes however you wish, can be done different ways depending on what outcome you would like)
- Decorate each individual page (For my album I decided to title it Love and each page inside is a synonym for the word Love, on the backside of each page is that synonyms definition.)
- Add each page to book rings and whaaa laaa - you have a Mini Gift Card Scrapbook Album!
- K & CO - Brenda Walton Sweet Talk
- K & CO - Brenda Walton Pillow Stickers
- American Crafts Premium Ribbon
- Pebbles Inc Word Charms
- Memory Stor tape runner